Etching grounds from Rohrer & Klingner (Germany)
In 1892, the lithographer Johann Adolf Rohrer (1850 – 1918) began with the production of special graphic supplements in the city of Leipzig. His son Johann Adolf Rohrer junior founded with his partner Felix Arthur Klingner in 1907 the cooperation that is still known under the name Rohrer & Klingner Leipzig-Co.
After the Second World War, the repatriate Johannes Rohrer (1916 – 1991) joined the firm to contribute both his chemical aptitude and his particular interest in arts. When he retired in 1981, he assigned management to his daughter Veronika Rohrer and his son-in-law Hubert Adamy.
Following well established recipes, our products are made by hand, combining primarily natural binding materials with the respective colorants.